I have mentioned the Game Maker Marketplace in other articles and have shown off a GIF or two from my Rope + Water Physics Platformer Engine.
Many of you have been suggesting that I just make a large “feature-complete” advanced engine that has all of the platformer bells and whistles that you could ask for. Tonight, I started working on that.
Here is my current to-do list. Feel free to suggest additions!
– Basic player movement (idle, run, jump, wall jump/slide, ladder climb)
– Gamepad support
– Pixel perfect collision support
– Slope functionality
– Push/pull blocks
– Moving platforms (horizontal + vertical)
– Conveyor belts
– Ice and surfaces with varying friction values
– Switches that trigger events
– Doors connecting rooms
– Room edges that connect rooms
– Camera follows target
– Spikes, lava, quicksand, and other hazards
– Player death with room fade-in/out
– Sprite skewing and procedural animation example(s)
– Basic transition and particle example(s)
So far, so good